Vacancy: Office Manager
We’re seeking someone highly organised, and bordering on having OCD with their attention to detail, to take on this broad role running our accounts and administration.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working out of our high quality offices in the centre on Knowle, Solihull, you will be a key member of the management team. You will be responsible for running our accounts system and office administration together with assisting the directors and management team with running the business.
The majority of the role involves running the purchase / accounts payable ledger. You will also be expected to do routine journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation work together with filing monthly VAT & CIS returns.
As the business grows, we will employ an accounts payable clerk to work underneath you to assist with the smooth running of the office.
Your specific duties will include;
- Operating the company’s Xero accounting system, maintaining the accounts for the main company and all subsidiary SPV companies in the group.
- loading and processing all accounts payable invoices.
- Liaison with the Commercial Director/Manager, Contracts Manager and/or Quantity Surveyor to ensure payable invoices are coded correctly and costs are as agreed.
- Raising sales invoices, liaising with relevant parties to ensure correctly coded and presented.
- Preparing and processing the weekly and monthly payment runs (every Friday), this will include agreeing payments to be made with relevant managers and the Managing Director.
- Running the end of month process to close and agree the accounts with the Managing Director prior to monthly filings, and to ensure all accounting records are compliant with HMRC and accepted accounting standards.
- Filing VAT & CIS/PAYE returns for all companies in the group.
- Producing monthly management accounts and cash-flow forecast.
- Liaison as needed with the company’s accountant to resolve any accounting issues and prepare annual accounts and returns.
- Responding to incoming email and telephone enquiries from suppliers, site staff and customers.
- General office record keeping and filing, keeping electronic and paper files up to date and well organised.
- Subcontractor record keeping to ensure we have up to date CIS, Insurance and RAMS details on file, and that all records are kept in a manor that complies with GDPR.
- Payroll & HR record keeping to ensure we have up to date records and all records are kept in a manor that complies with GDPR.
- Company record keeping to ensure we maintain up to date Insurance cover and any other annual registrations and certifications.
- Documenting office processes and procedures.
- Purchasing of small items such as stationary for the office or site offices.
- Assisting the Directors and Managers with running the business and ad-hoc matters such as organising meetings, finding information etc.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications Required:
Ideally you will have extensive experience of Xero accounting system and possess your AAT qualification or be suitably qualified by experience. You will need to be extremely organised, be driven by attention to detail, and be able to work without supervision. Knowledge of Xero accounting system would be highly advantageous but experience of a similar accounting system would be acceptable instead and training will be given. You will also need to be comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Ideally you’ll have worked in the construction sector and have experience of CIS and construction administration.
Why Wonderful Homes:
Launched in March 2012, Wonderful Homes is an award winning house builder that has enjoyed consistent profitable growth through successfully delivering developments including starter and luxury homes for open market sale, and land, design & build packages for Housing Associations. As a result of this success we have significant own funds available to buy sites and have development lenders that are keen to fund our projects. We are therefore now well placed to scale up our operation and grow the business significantly over the coming years. We have ambitious growth plans and intend to become a leading regional house builder.
We are therefore able to offer the successful candidate the exciting and fairly unique opportunity of joining an established business early in it’s growth phase, as a member of the senior management team, and being part of what we are sure will be an extremely rewarding journey ahead with opportunity for career progression.
This is a full time position, working 5 days a week Monday to Friday. We are able to be flexible with working hours and actual working hours can be discussed and agreed.
Your salary will be commensurate with the responsibility of the role and skills required, and subject to negotiation. It will include a discretionary bonus and company pension scheme and will include the opportunity to grow and share in the success of the business as a key member of the management team.
We want to fill this position as quickly as possible but accept that we may have to wait for the right person to work a notice period with their current employer. Ideally we would want you in place by end September 2019.
How to apply:
To apply simply call our 24hr automated recruitment line on 0121 228 2218 to register your details. We will then call you back to follow up, typically the next working day.
We prefer not to deal with recruitment agents, and only applications made via our recruitment line will be considered.