Vacancy: Forklift Driver / Site Assistant
We’re seeking a Forklift / Telehandler driver that has good experience of working on busy new-build housing developments and someone who is also willing to assist the site manager generally with the safe and efficient running of the site.
Site Based, West Midlands & Surrounding Counties.
The first site will be Hixon, Staffordshire, building 30 houses for a leading housing association that’s due to start on site in Sept/Oct.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for driving the site Telehandler and managing the efficient, safe and secure storage and delivery of all materials on site. You will also be required to assist the Site Manager generally with running the site.
Your specific duties will include;
- Forklift duties, delivering materials to various trades around the site,
- Supervising the delivery of materials to site, checking quality of materials and that quantities and descriptions are as per delivery note,
- Organising the safe and secure storage of materials to ensure they are well protected from damage and theft.
- Organising site waste skips to ensure waste materials are properly separated to minimise waste transfer costs,
- Cleaning & maintain the mortar silo each day to ensure it’s kept in working order,
- Unlocking and locking up dwellings under construction each morning and evening.
- Ensuring the site is kept tidy, well organised and compliant with the site health and safety plan and environmental plan.
- Any additional tasks as and when required by Site Manager.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications Required:
To succeed in this role you will need to have good experience of being a site forklift driver on busy new-build housing developments. Your experience will have ideally been gained over a number of years.
Skills you must have include;
- Being a skilled and safe forklift driver,
- Being a good confident communicator,
- Able to think logically and solve problems,
Ideally you will also have;
- Experience of sites that operate under the Considerate Constructors Scheme,
- General handyman skills to get involved on site as required,
- Experience of using a Personal Computer and using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Qualifications you must hold as a minimum;
- CSCS Blue card (CPCS competent operator card)
- CPCS Telescopic Handler A17 Wheeled
- NVQ/SVQ level 2
It would be useful if you also have;
- CPCS Plant and Vehicle Marshaller A73
- CPCS Slinger/signaller/banksman A40
- First Aid at Work
- Scaffold Awareness and Inspection
Why Wonderful Homes:
Launched in March 2012, Wonderful Homes is an award winning house builder that has enjoyed consistent profitable growth through successfully delivering developments including starter and luxury homes for open market sale, and land, design & build packages for Housing Associations. As a result of this success we have significant own funds available to buy sites and have development lenders that are keen to fund our projects. We are therefore now well placed to scale up our operation and grow the business significantly over the coming years. We have ambitious growth plans and intend to become a leading regional house builder.
We are therefore able to offer the successful candidate the exciting and fairly unique opportunity of joining an established business early in it’s growth phase, being part of what we are sure will be an extremely rewarding journey ahead, with opportunities for career progression.
You will be required to work the hours necessary to carry out the role depending on the operational hours of each specific site. Typically this will be 7:30am to 5pm, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
Your salary will be commensurate with the responsibility of the role and skills required, and subject to negotiation. It will include a discretionary bonus and company pension scheme.
We want to fill this position as quickly as possible but accept that we may have to wait for the right person to work a notice period with their current employer. Ideally we would want you in place by end September 2019.
How to apply:
To apply simply call our 24hr automated recruitment line on 0121 228 2218 to register your details. We will then call you back to follow up, typically the next working day.
We prefer not to deal with recruitment agents, and only applications made via our recruitment line will be considered.
Deadline for Applications:
Friday 30th August 2019