“The Coppice” is a private gated development of just seven bespoke luxury detached homes in a stunning location, on the site of a former farmhouse, farmyard and barns that had ceased operating as a farm many years ago and was in a fairly dilapidated state. The development is surrounded by fields, on the Chester Road in-between Streetly, Aldridge and Little Aston, to the north of Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham.
SOLD OUT – Sorry, all the new homes on this development were sold off plan.
COUNTRY & CONTEMPORARY LIVING
Each of the homes at The Coppice have been carefully designed for the requirements of today’s modern family and modern day living.
This is an exciting flagship development for Wonderful Homes and a lot of thought has gone into the three individually designed house types; Externally they’ve been designed with a traditional “Arts and Crafts” feel but with a modern twist. Internally they’ve been designed for modern day living, featuring a large open-plan kitchen / diner / family / entertaining area with bi-fold doors to the patio, forming the heart of the home. They will also all feature large master bedroom suites with en-suite shower room and walk in wardrobe, further en-suite bedrooms and a large living room with inglenook and log-burner.
All the homes will be finished to a very high specification as standard including multi-media cabling throughout, see the Specification tab on any of the Homes Available pages of this website for details.
CUSTOMISE YOUR NEW HOME
Buy your new home off-plan, early enough in our build programme, and you will enjoy the benefit of being able to customise the features and finishes of your new home, see the Create Your Own Home section of our brochure for more details.
ACCOMODATION & OUTDOOR SPACE
Five of the homes will have five bedrooms, a family bathroom and three ensuites, and two will have four bedrooms, a family bathroom and two en-suites.
Six of the homes will be in a private gated cul-de-sac and Willow House will have its own private gated entrance from the new access road off the Chester road. The gates will be electric and remotely activated.
All of the homes will enjoy generous sized gardens with the largest, Willow House, being approximately ½ an acre. The development enjoys a south westerly orientation and all of the gardens benefit from a degree of southerly aspect. Plots 4, 5 & 6 will benefit in particular from south westerly facing rear gardens. All of the plots feature bi-fold doors from the kitchen / dining area onto the patio to make the most of the southerly aspect.
The development will also benefit from a new coppice that will be planted along the length of the development’s northerly boundary, providing a resident’s private recreation / amenity area of circa an acre of land and once established this will form a natural screen from northern weather.
PEACE OF MIND
An important point to note with this development is that we are offering an added value 10 year housing warranty insurance, underwritten by Allianz, that offers the homeowner some significant benefits and peace of mind over other traditional new build structural warranties. Further details of the warranty can be found under the Warranty tab on individual property details pages on this website and in the Peace of Mind section of our brochure. A separate policy overview leaflet and policy wording document is also available.
We anticipate the first plot being completed in late March 2018, with the whole development completed in June/July 2018.
You can view the latest News, Photos and Video from The Coppice on our Blog
INTERESTED IN BUYING?
Plot 2 – Chestnut House offers the following accommodation;
- Ground Floor
- Reception hall with oak and glass staircase
- Cloakroom & w/c
- Family dining / kitchen / entertainment room forming the hub of the home with bi-fold doors leading out onto patio
- Lounge with inglenook and log burner
Integral double garage
- First floor
- 5 bedrooms with 3 en-suites
- Generous master-bedroom suite with walk-in wardrobe / dressing room, en-suite shower room, and french doors with juliette balcony overlooking rear garden
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower enclosure
- Gallery landing with oak and glass balustrading
- Chestnut House sits in a plot of approximately 607m2 (1/7 acre)
- Block paved drive to the front
- Slabbed patio to the rear
- Shared private cul-de-sac of just 6 detached houses accessed via electrically operated gates
- Shared private coppice
All houses at The Coppice feature a high quality specification as standard which will include;
EXTERNAL SHELL DETAILS
- Concrete trench foundations with concrete beam and block ground floor structure
- Traditional cavity brick and block walls with tiled roof construction
- Cavity walls fully filled with insulation slabs
- UPVC framed casement windows (Anthracite grey externally and white internally)
- Bi-fold doors from kitchen/dining/family area leading out to patio (Anthracite grey externally and white internally)
- Contemporary aluminium composite front door with side lights (Anthracite Grey)
- Hormann electrically operated sectional roller double garage door (Anthracite Grey)
INTERNAL FINISH AND FEATURES
- Central heating with underfloor heating to ground floor, radiators and thermostatic valves to first floor
- Natural wood veneer internal doors in oak finish with satin chrome furniture
- Oak staircase and gallery landing with oak handrails & newels and glass infill panels
- Ceramic floor tiles to Kitchen/Family/Dining and Utility Area
- Porcelanosa full height wall tiling and floor tiling to Downstairs Cloak, Bathroom and En-suites
- Inglenook and log burner to lounge
- Walk in wardrobe with shelf and hanging rail to Master Bedroom Suite
- Fitted sliding wardrobe with shelf and hanging rail to Bedroom 2 or 3 (Plot dependent)
- Contemporary SieMatic kitchen with quartz worktops
- Peninsula with breakfast bar
- Siemens integrated appliances to include 5 burner gas hob, oven, warming drawer and microwave
- Siemens dishwasher and fridge freezer
- Wine Cooler Fridge
- Three in one boiling water tap
- Feature extractor
Bathroom & En-suites
- Roca white contemporary sanitary ware with concealed cisterns
- All bathrooms to feature Roca vanity units and a luxurious freestanding bath
- Downstairs Cloak to feature a Roca vanity unit
- Bristan taps and showers
- Porcelanosa tiling to floors and full height tiling to all walls
- Multi-rail chrome towel warmer
- Shaver socket
Electrical & Lighting
- Contemporary style satin chrome sockets and switches throughout
- LED Downlighters to Kitchen/ Dining/Family Area, Utility, Downstairs Cloak, Hall
- LED Downlighters and 2 x Pendants to Lounge
- LED Downlighters in 5 bedroom homes to Master Bedroom, En-suite and Walk in Wardrobe, Bedroom 2 and En-suite, Bedroom 3 and En-suite, Pendants to Bedrooms 4 and 5
- LED Downlighters in 4 bedroom homes to Master Bedroom, En-suite, and Walk in Wardrobe, Bedroom 2 and En-suite, Pendants to Bedrooms 3 and 4
- LED Downlighters to Family Bathroom
- LED Downlighters with Pendant to landing
- Automated roller garage doors with remote key fob
- Power and light to garages
- External 240v power socket
- All homes at The Coppice will feature a multi-media Home Hub platform installed by The Connected Home Partnership, a joint venture between Home Hub Installations and Richer Sounds. This platform allows the latest technology to be used within your new home, from wall mounted TVs, in-ceiling speakers, to hidden Sky boxes and faultless WiFi; Enabling you to have what you want, where you want, when you want
- The Home Hub platform includes cat-6 cabling to all main rooms and a central distribution cabinet within the ground floor cloak room from where internet, telephone, digital TV, satellite TV and audio can be distributed to all main rooms. The platform enables state of the art technology to be used such as multi-room HD video, audio streaming, CCTV and home automation. (Note that additional technology upgrades are required to provide these services)
- Technology upgrade packages are available, designed, installed and supported by Richer Sounds
SECURITY & PEACE OF MIND
- 10 year BLP SECUREPLUS building warranty underwritten by Allianz
- NSI NACOSS / SSAIB approved alarm system with optional upgrade to remote ‘monitoring’ capability
- Security LED flood Lighting to rear with PIR sensors
- Dusk till Dawn external lighting to each plot and communal private driveway
- Electrically operated gated entrance to communal private driveway (plot 7 has its own electric gate) with remote call & access system
ECO AND ENVIRONMENTAL DETAILS
- Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) rating of B83-84
- A-rated appliances and dual-flush mechanisms to toilets
- Energy efficient gas central heating system with A-rated Worcester Bosch boiler and multi zoned programable time & temperature control
- Double glazed casement windows providing a high level of thermal insulation & reduced heat loss
- High levels of insulation within roof spaces and cavity walls
- Dusk to dawn sensors on external communal lighting
- Provision for Electric Vehicle charging point to be installed in garage
- Turfed gardens with planted soft landscaping areas and paved patios and pathways
- External waterproof 240v power socket and water tap to rear of property
- Each house will enjoy shared ownership of the private communal coppice recreation / amenity space running along the northern boundary of the development
- The private access driveway and communal areas including the coppice area will all be privately owned by residents and will be maintained through a resident’s management company (initially setup by Wonderful Homes)
- Electrically operated entrance gates to the private drive serving plots 1 to 6. Plot 7 has its own electric gate
The Coppice is located in a stunning location, surrounded by fields, on the Chester Road (A452) in-between Streetly, Aldridge and Little Aston, just to the north of Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield.
Whilst the development is located on an A road it should be noted that traffic speeds are restricted to 30mph passing the development, enforced by speed cameras and traffic calming measures.
Nearby facilities and attractions include;
- Sutton Park, a 2,400 acre National Nature Reserve, can be accessed via the Thornhill Road entrance just 1 mile away. The park has open heathland, woodlands, seven lakes, wetlands, and marshes, with a rich variety of plants and wildlife including cattle and wild ponies. There’s also a visitors centre and several cafes and restaurants within the park. Sports and activities available within the park include walking, running, cycling, canoeing, sailing, golf, horse riding, fishing and model aircraft flying.
- Pacific Nurseries Garden Centre and Café is opposite the development.
- WM Wheat & Son Garden Centre, Café and Bourne Pool Waterside Walk is less than half a mile down the Chester Road.
- Aldridge Town Centre and Shopping Centre is 2 miles away, offering a selection of high street shops and a Morrisons supermarket.
- Streetly with its selection of shops including a Tesco & Co-Op is just 1 mile away.
- Mere Green and its new Mulberry Walk development of bars, restaurants & shops is just 2.5 miles away. This trendy new development features a new public square outside the entrance to Marks and Spencer and offers a relaxed atmosphere and cosmopolitan feel with restaurants and bars such as Prezzo, Gusto, Bistrot Pierre, So Aromatic and Renato Lounge. Other shops and facilities in Mere Green include Waitrose and Sainsburys supermarkets, banks, post office and hair dressers and other bars and restaurants.
- The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield and its Gracechurch Shopping Centre is 4 miles away. Within the town centre and shopping centre are a wide range of restaurants, bars, shops and facilities including House of Fraser, Argos, Boots, and many other high street names.
- Birmingham City Centre is 8 miles away by car, or 24 minutes by train from Four Oaks station ( just over 2.5 miles away).
- M6 J7 is 5 miles away.
- Little Aston & Aston Wood golf clubs are both less than 2 miles away, with several other golf clubs including the world famous Belfry within a few minutes drive.
- Several country and gastro dining pubs and restaurants are within a short driving distance.
- A wide selection of Private and State Primary & Secondary Schools are close by with good or outstanding OFSTED reports.
When buying a new home you will want to know that you have a reliable warranty safety net. In line with our aim of providing a market leading specification and unrivaled personal service, each new home at The Coppice will benefit from a market leading 10 year BLPSECUREPLUS warranty, provided by specialist insurer BLP.
The BLPSECUREPLUS warranty provides housing warranty insurance for the structure of your new home, plus it provides cover for premature failure of non-structural component parts within your home. This added value warranty provides you with several significant benefits, and additional peace of mind, over and above the traditional new build structural warranties offered by most other house builders;
- BLP insurance policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE – an AA rated global insurer.
- BLP will have properly assessed the build project from design through to workmanship on site, to help minimise the chance of future defects.
- Cover for non-structural component parts as well as the structure of your new home.
- If a defect does arise you won’t have to prove who is to blame, just that there is a defect, and then all you have to do is contact BLP with the details and they will deal with it. This removes the delays and counterclaims that often occur in building disputes.
Please ask for a copy of the BLP Housing Warranty Insurance leaflet & Policy Documentation for full details.
You can find out more about BLP’s Warranty Insurance here: https://www.blpinsurance.com/homeowners/
Each home will also be covered by Wonderful Home’s no quibble warranty which covers defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials. Please see the warranty section of our website for more details.
Plot 1 – Maple House | 5 Bed
Plot 3 – Sycamore House | 4 Bed
Plot 5 – Hazel House | 5 Bed
Plot 4 – Larch House | 4 Bed
Plot 6 – Aspen House | 5 Bed
Plot 7 – Willow House | 5 Bed